Thursday, December 26, 2013

#72 Simple Fudge

Merry {day after} Christmas! As always, busy, busy, busy. And it is not until Christmas is over that I have time to blog Christmas recipes. I have already resigned myself to the fact that I will not meet my goal of 101 homemade recipes in one year. But I got awfully close *smile*!!! But I will keep plugging along and meet my goal...even if it's a tad late! So on to the fudge.....I love it, this time of year. But not all fudge is created equal in my eyes. I'm not a fan of the{crystalie- sugarie} super sweet fudge. I like creamy goodness. And who knew you could get that kind of homemade fudge so simply.

Simple Chocolate Fudge

1- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup butterscotch chips
1 tsp. vanilla


So this is how simple this fudge is....add all the ingredients (except the vanilla) to a make-shift double boiler i.e. stainless steel bowl over pan of simmering water.

 
 
Also butter an 8 inch dish.
 


 
Stir until melted.

 
Then add the vanilla to the melted yumminess.

If you would like nuts in your fudge...which I love, then add to the bottom of your buttered dish. I added chopped walnuts to half.



Then add your fudge to the dish...voila....fudge!


After it is cool, cover with plastic wrap. Let it sit at room temperature for a couple hours to harden enough to be sliced. Yummy! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment