Thursday, December 26, 2013

#74 Orange {Julie}us

Christmas day is definitely one of my very favorite days of the year. It's one of those days that I do nothing but spend time with my family. As a mom this is very hard to do while I am in my home...because ordinarily all I see around me are things that need to be done. Impossible to relax! So I try my hardest to turn a blind eye to my "ever-present" to-do list and devote myself to them. Sure...I have to wash some dishes and prepare some food, but I try to do as much as I can ahead of time. Our Christmas brunch menu is: Ham and Cheese egg bake (done ahead), Popovers with cinnamon honey butter and Orange {Julie}us. Huge spoiler alert here....once you try this yummy frothy OJ, you will never buy it again.....I warn you not to do it...I speak from experience, you will be disappointed...sorry DQ!

Orange {Julie}us- Renamed cause my recipe is better!

1 (6oz) can orange juice concentrate- I use a 12 oz. can and make two separate batches with it
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
12 ice cubes


Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth!



 
So yummy...so good.....so {Julie}licious!!! Perfect with Christmas morning brunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment